How To Transfer Data From Your Online QuickBooks Account to QuickBooks Desktop (Enterprise, Pro, Premier)?
Transferring your data from QBO to Desktop version is quite a difficult task for the lay users, here we are going to explain the steps need to be performed.
In recent time QuickBooks is one of the highest growing accounting software in USA and Canada. Business owner’s corporate sectors or/else home users all prefer QuickBooks as their primary accounting software. Intuit QuickBooks has 2 different platforms for their users:
Though QuickBooks desktop it’s a most used version. But many users also prefer QuickBooks online for their business. The major difference between both is that in QBO you can use your QuickBooks from anywhere because it’s on the web, you just need to Sign In, it needs your user id and password to log in, it’s like your email.
So in many cases, You need to transfer your QBO file, to desktop especially for those business owners who want to close their business so they need it for backup.
Steps need to require in:
First of all, you need to export your QuickBooks online file from your QuickBooks online account.
“QBO will export company file only and it can be exported into new company file.”
How To Export Your QBO file.
Requirements for the export
- You must be on QuickBooks online USA.
- You must be a master user/administrator or any invited accounted who allowed using this feature.
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher.
- The latest version of chrome.
Steps To data transfer and Export:
● Sign in to your QBO account visit: https://qbo.intuit.com.
● Next to click on the gear icon ->Tool->Export data.
● If you are getting the pop to install active control install it successfully to perform the next steps.
● Choose your data type.
● All Financial Data.
● All financial data without transactions.
● Export varies to your data type.
● Follow the options step by step.
● After completion click on download the file and download the exported data.
● Click on save it and save it to your computer hard drive.
● You will have a file named export_company.qbxml.
Then open your QuickBooks desktop pro/premier close all open company file make sure you do not have any open company file on the screen.
Now on the QBO export window, you will have an option Convert click convert option a window open with the name create a new company file choose to create a new company file choose your company file name and location click on continue and done to confirm.
Important Note: “Verify you QuickBooks export was successful”.
QuickBooks Online Support-An option to get better assistance on QB data transfer
When done run the balance sheet and profit and loss report on both of the versions online and desktop and match each and every report if it’s same it means you have successfully transferred your data if you are missing any data to get help call on QuickBooks Support Phone Number.